- We welcome students from ANY CSU — ANY grade level — and up to two years post-grad (always double check with your counselor to verify that your units will transfer.)
- Students must complete a minimum of 100 hours per semester, which works out to roughly 7 hours a week. Make sure you schedule enough hours to fulfill this requirement. You can work more than 100 hours, if this is what is required from their internship site or if it is something you want to do.
- Social Media Participation is required. Follow @CSUEAInterns on Twitter and like The CSUEA Internship Program on Facebook.
- Readings. There are readings about making the most of internships, writing resumés, problem solving at the work place and preparing for interviews. These readings were chosen with the idea of empowering students as they prepare for the job market, including thinking strategically about how to approach it, and develop a thoughtful, organized, and proactive plan for job hunting.
Please review full instructions for registering here.
Summer 2018 Registration opens: April 24th, 2018 — Check back here on that date for a direct link!
Forms And Deadlines for Spring:
1 Employer Internship Agreement – Must be signed by student and supervisor – Due February 25th, 2018. Note student peers can NOT act as an employer supervisor.
2Progress Reports: Students must submit two progress reports (midterm & final). It is important that students gauge what they are doing/learning over the course of their internship. It helps them articulate, in concrete terms, what they are getting out of it and what, if any issues need to be addressed or rectified. These reports are designed to protect the student. There have been times when supervisors contacted faculty accusing the intern of not showing up, not doing anything, etc. With the help of the reports, these communication problems were eliminated.
3Midterm Reports: An in-depth check-in and discussion of internship – Due April 26th, 2018.
4 Final Report: A report that offers an in-depth analysis of the overall experience and updated LinkedIn Profile – Due by midnight on May 27th, 2018.
5 Supervisor Evaluations: Each student must provide an evaluation form to be completed by his or her internship supervisor. Give your supervisor a copy of this form at least a week prior to the due date of midnight on May 27th, 2018. **This form (and only this form) must be e-mailed by the employer directly to CSUEAinternship@calstate.edu
Syllabus, Course Forms, & Instructions:
•Syllabus & Course Forms – Click here to download all documents and instructions.
Internship and Career Development Resources:
- CSUEA Career & Networking Resources http://www.csuentertainment.com/resources
- Writing Your Resume http://www.fullerton.edu/career/students/resumes-cover-letters/building-your-resume-recorded-webinar.php
- Building Your Cover Letter http://www.fullerton.edu/career/students/resumes-cover-letters/building-your-cover-letter-recorded-webinar.php
- Interviewing Skills http://www.fullerton.edu/career/students/interviewing/index.php
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact our Internship Program at CSUEAinternship@calstate.edu or (415) 405-3965.